Real estate market analysis for property events
Barry Gilbertson is a renowned speaker on UK and global property markets. He has spoken at events worldwide – high-profile conferences organised by international bodies including the UN, as well as in-company events.
Barry’s experience and property market insight means he is asked to speak on a large variety of
property market trends. Some current speaking themes are highlighted below.
Macro trends in the UK property market
- How perceptions of the real estate market affect the value of debt and why it matters.
- The impact of inflation on property assets.
- Why the global economy affects UK property markets.
- Valuation – sets the market or follows the market?
Turnaround of property companies and organisations where property is a key issue
- Property on the corporate balance sheet.
- Why property strategy affects corporate success or survival.
- Corporate real estate : to own or to lease?
- Who runs your properties – the board or a minion?
Real estate finance
- What recent and future trends mean for bank debt, repaying debt, hedges / swaps and financing debt.
- The impact of recent and future interest rates.
- Lender stickiness − reasons lenders bring banking relationships to an end.
- The consequences of bank capital adequacies.
- Selling assets without borrower consent.
- Exit strategies for banks with large non-prime property holdings.
- Trends in vacancies and town centre rent levels.
- The causes and consequences of shrinking.
- Why market towns succeed and coastal towns fail.
- The future of the high street.
- Why retail property may or may not be the best bet for keeping pace with
- What borrower advocacy is and how it helps.
- How businesses can work with lenders financing their property assets – and why they should.
- The role of borrower advocacy in distressed markets.
- The economic cycle and the role of borrower advocacy.
Please contact Barry Gilbertson to discuss or explore any of these themes or to discuss your real estate event or conference.